A Word

***Wacken 2018 - view from the Jägermeister Deer

Live gigs are essential. Remembering them is sometimes even more fun (but writing tedious ;-). Short stories about great gigs - and the others as well. This is strictly non-commercial and just my humble taste/opinion.

10 October 2017

Artillery and Onslaught

Thrash Metal revisited, at its best

Buddy: Stolli
Rating: 4/5
Merch: Fear of Tomorrow Tee and Badge
Again? Anytime

Back in the Eighties, the famous Metal Hammer magazine wrote a stellar review of Artillery's debut 'Fear Of Tomorrow', and I went for it. Compared to the heroes of that time, such as Metallica, it turned out to be one of the more sinister albums. It definitely had an impact on me but remained quite unknown in my small Metal community.

When Stolli asked me to join this gig, there was no need to think about it. Of course I took the vinyl from that time with me, hoping to get somebody sign it. Escape Met

No comments:

Post a Comment