A Word

***Wacken 2018 - view from the Jägermeister Deer

Live gigs are essential. Remembering them is sometimes even more fun (but writing tedious ;-). Short stories about great gigs - and the others as well. This is strictly non-commercial and just my humble taste/opinion.

13 November 1992

Faith No More & L7, Bank Austria Zelt, Vienna

The brilliant "Angel Dust" release just arrived, and this is the tour for the new album. It's probably the band at it's peak. Still, I don't remember that much of this gig, but I was there and absolutely sober. *ggg*


 

 

Buddies: Flyingsheep, Harald (who else?)

Score: I guess 4 out of 5

Another Gig: FNM is no more...

 

Just like the bank, Bank Austria Zelt no longer exists. It had been a place for the harder gigs, though still think that I was just once there - for this gig.

 

I remember L7, a tough girls-only band in Rob Zombie outfit. They rocked hard and loud, and everybody liked it to see girls rocking that hard ;-). Their act was way too short.

 

The more I think back, the more I remember (and Flyingsheep helped out a bit). Yes, it has been a very good gig, FNM played the entire Angle Dust album, including the rather strange songs "Jizzlober" and "Crack Hitler". And now I definitely remember Mike Patton already having turned to a rather arrogant frontman (now I believe to remember why I didn't like the gig that much). But it's good musical performance, for sure. Maybe some more things will come back to my memory...

 

5 comments:

  1. hey, do you have some video of the gig??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. video 1992 - haha - pre smartphone age

      Delete
  2. i was there, too. i remember the motto of L7 was: "lick it" - pointing at their p*s*ys ; )
    i also remember i was embarassed about the weak technical performance of faith no more, who i REALLY fancied those days: weak timing, wrong keys etc. after the concert, there were rumours that they used to make quite an effort during studio-recordings these days, to "fix" the bugs they'd played before ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there too. I remember meeting Billy Gould (FNM Bassist) after the gig in the U4 and introducing him to Vodka Red Bull... 😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete