A Word

***Wacken 2018 - view from the Jägermeister Deer

Live gigs are essential. Remembering them is sometimes even more fun (but writing tedious ;-). Short stories about great gigs - and the others as well. This is strictly non-commercial and just my humble taste/opinion.

29 October 1995

Die Krupps & Waltari

Location: Arena, Industriegebiet Erdberg, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Another one of those gigs I will not forget. Die Krupps in very good shape, and yes, they have a massive metal drum pipe with them.

This video, from the same tour, gives an impression of the band's performance and sound. An amazing gem of a video!



Buddies: Mirjam, Flyingsheep


Score: 5 out of 5
Another gig? well, it's history (I guess)


An unexpectedly intense gig. Waltari I always liked, and they did a decent job as support act (don't remember anything specifically).Then comes Die Krupps. Most notably is a huge amplified steel pipe on stage, on which frontman Jürgen Engler frenetically drums during many songs. This is a sound that definitely is worth of a band with this bandname, and it's definitely a matter of earplugs (unfortunately I did not have earplugs with me, and that caused me quite some hiss during the following days). Setlist bears no surprises, unfortunately no songs from the genius Metallica tribute album.The crowd is also fanatic. Stagediving throughout the Krupps performance, I do not know how many of the guys I helped catching. Only a few ones landed on the floor (without my fault :-).

So a very distinct gig in any respect deserving a full score.



No comments:

Post a Comment